Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cutting the Thread

(Happy now Drew? Here's an update for you, it's an old piece, but it's better then nothing. )

Can't get a moments peace
won't give me release
i'll steal some grace
before i throw this back in your face

why did i bother to tell you
i'm so sick of this
i'll get your voice out of my head
because i'm cutting the thread
cutting the thread
getting you out of my head

you had your place
that you know
but now i'm being pushed
prevented, i can't grow
you understand, it happened to you
so you know what i must do

so now i'm cutting the thread
cutting the thread
getting you out of my head
because i'm cutting the thread

(ye-olde rhythm change)

It will make things better you'll see
once you've been severed from me
didn't you know that i can
and that you're leading me to this step by hand

a warm feeling washing over me
as i become closer to being free
cut it out with a knife
ending this time of strife

(/ye-olde rhythm change)

i never wanted to torment you
i never wanted to frustrate you
i will see myself through
getting rid of that connection
tedious task
something i will get through
hope it will be fast
this tension between us
cannot be pushed to last

so i get this voice
out of my head
I. Will. Cut. The . Thread.


~K

No comments:

Post a Comment